A freemium easy to use, comprehensive, stable and frequently updated image compression plugin supported by the friendly team that created it. 🙂
Increase your website’s SEO ranking, number of visitors and ultimately your sales by optimizing any image or PDF document on your website.
ShortPixel is an easy to use, lightweight, install-and-forget-about-it image optimization plugin that can compress all your past images and PDF documents with a single click. New images are automatically resized/rescaled and optimized on the fly, in the background. It’s also compatible with any gallery, slider or ecommerce plugin.
Ready for a quick DEMO? Test here or here.
Short Pixel uses minimal resources and works well with any shared, cloud, VPS or dedicated web hosting. It can optimize any image you have on your website even the images that aren’t listed in Media Library like those in galleries like NextGEN, Modula or added directly via FTP!
Both lossy and lossless image compression are available for the most common image types (JPG, PNG, GIF and WebP) plus PDF files.
We also offer glossy JPEG compression which is a very high quality lossy optimization algorithm. Specially designed for photographers!
Optimized images mean better user experience, better PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix results, better Google PageRank and more visitors.
Make an instant image compression test on your site or compress some images to make sure they are to your liking.
Why is ShortPixel the best choice when it comes to image optimization or PDF compression?
- popular plugin with over 200,000 active installations according to WordPress
- compress JPG, PNG, GIF (still or animated) images and also PDF documents
- option to automatically convert PNG to JPG if that will result in smaller images. Ideal for large images in PNG format.
- no file size limit
- option to freely convert any JPEG, PNG or GIF (even animated ones!) to WebP for more Google love. How to enable WebP?
- option to include the generated WebP images into the front-end pages by using the
<picture> tag instead of
- compatible with WP Retina 2x – all retina images are automatically compressed. How to benefit from Retina displays?
- optimize thumbnails as well as featured images. You can also select individual thumbnails to exclude from optimization.
- ability to optimize any image on your site including images in NextGEN Gallery and any other image galleries or sliders
- integrates with Gravity Forms post_image field type optimizing the images upon upload
- featured images can be automatically resized before being optimized with 2 different options. No need for additional plugins like Imsanity
- CMYK to RGB conversion
- 24h stellar support (24/7) directly from developers.
- easily test lossy/lossless versions of the images with a single click in your Media Library
- great for photographers: keep or remove EXIF data from your images, compress images with lossless option
- works well with both HTTPS and HTTP websites
- uses progressive JPEG for larger images in order to speed up the image display
- you can run ShortPixel plugin on multiple websites or on a multisite with a single API Key
- it is safe to test and use the plugin: all the original images can be restored with a click, either one by one or in bulk
- ‘Bulk’ optimize all the existing images in Media Library or in any gallery with one click
- works great for eCommerce websites using WooCommerce or other plugins
- works great with NextGEN gallery, Foo Gallery and any other galleries and sliders
- compatible with WP Engine hosted websites and all the major hosting providers
- compatible with WPML and WPML Media plugins
- skip already optimized images
- compatible with watermarking plugins
- option to deactivate auto-optimizing images on upload
- images that are optimized less that 5% are bonus
- WooCommerce, WP offload S3 and WP Stateless compatible
- 30 days optimization report with all image details and overall statistics
- We are GDPR compliant! Read more.
- free optimization credits for non-profits, contact us for details
Latest posts by Lucian Nertan (see all)